John Chow Reads Devtrench!
If it wasn't for a ton of work that got dropped on me last week, I would have blogged about this sooner, but last week this site was graced by the presence of John Chow! As you can see, his MyBlogLog avatar is still in the sidebar (if it's not you can see it here).
This is one of the reasons that MyBlogLog and services like it are so cool. Here are some more reasons why MyBlogLog is cool:
- MyBlogLog provides stats for your blog
- Your visitors can join your my blog log community
- You can send messages to your members
- You can add members as contacts, and see who has added you as a contact
- You can tell people about yourself with a personal profile
- Using the MyAvatars plugin for WordPress, your avatar along with others can show up in your comments.
Honestly, when I signed up for MyBlogLog I really didn't get what it was for, and after using it for a while I can tell you that the main benefit is that you can get to know who is visiting your blog. It provides a way for you to visually make connections with others. For instance, I know a lot of people that visit John's blog visit here because I see the same avatars on both sites. Pretty cool, huh?